As a healthcare consumer, perhaps you’ve experienced one of the following health insurance “gotchas:”
- You searched around for the right drug plan, only to find the insurance company has changed its formularies and no longer covers the drug you’ve been taking for years.
- You had surgery at your local hospital, only to find that some of the staff who assisted were out of network, sticking you with added costs.
- You went in for your free yearly wellness exam, but made the mistake of actually asking your doctor about a health problem, thus turning your free screening exam into a billable event.
- You went into the emergency room feeling seriously ill, but test results showed it wasn’t an “emergency “ in the eyes of the insurance company, and now you are stuck with the bill.
- You’re concerned about the healthcare future for your children and their children.
- You’re concerned about the changing landscape of Medicare cost plans in rural Minnesota.
Not to mention the issues of rising premiums, increasing drug costs, and evermore out of pocket expenses.
I am a problem solver and I will work to find practical solutions to the many barriers to care in our current system, while working across the aisle to develop long term solutions.
Connect with Barbara to share your ideas and concerns.